Soft and Filtered Water is Quality Water, And Here’s Why….
The water you receive from your well or municipality may be safe, but it may not be quality water. Quality water is water that is virtually free from ingredients such as dissolved calcium and magnesium minerals, iron, acid conditions and turbidity or dirt. Ingredients in water that can damage pipes, appliances, fixtures, dishes and laundry, and can also alter the taste and appearance of food or beverages. These same ingredients may be found in your home water supply.
Only soft and/or filtered water can be considered quality water. Conditioning of water can remove most of the iron and minerals that may clog pipes; leave scale in your washer, sinks and bathtub; and stain laundry. It can also correct acid conditions that can etch glassware and chrome fixtures and cause corrosion of pipes. Conditioned water is quality water, and it can improve the quality of your life.
HOW WATER BECOMES HARD
Communities are normally supplied with water from nearby wells, lakes or rivers. This water originally comes from rainfall; but, as rain soaks through the ground, it dissolves calcium and magnesium from the soil and carries them into the water supply. These minerals are not dangerous to humans but they do cause a condition called hard water – the #1 water problem in many areas. Only softening can remove the calcium and magnesium that make water hard.
In addition, water may be acidic, from types of rock strata it passes through, or pick up iron from soil with high iron content. Once these enter a home water supply system, the only practical way to remove them is with a water filter suited for this purpose.
IN THE KITCHEN
- Healthier, better-tasting drinking water
- Improves the taste of juice, coffee, soup and ice
- Eliminates need for expensive bottled water
- Fresher flavors when boiling and steaming
- Cleaner dishes and china
LAUNDRY AND CLEANING
- Clothes and linens are cleaner, softer and last longer
- Requires 50% less laundry detergent, soap, and dishwashing detergent, saving you money
- Dishes, silverware and glasses are spot-free and “shiny-clean”
- Virtually eliminates spots, streaks and scum on fixtures, tubs, and showers
IN THE BATHROOM
- Leaves skin feeling smoother after showering, shaving and washing
- Makes hair softer and more manageable
- Reduces soap scum and residue on showers, tubs and sinks
PLUMBING AND APPLIANCES
- Increases water heater efficiency by almost 30%, reducing fuel costs
- Improves water flow and pressure by eliminating build-up in pipes
- Adds life to dishwashers and washing machines
- Protects everything water touches in your life